Monday: 4m easy 8:25/pace, 20 min shoulders, 10 min abs
Tuesday: 7m hills 8:10/pace, 20 min chest/biceps, 20 min abs
I got to test out my new Pure Grit’s yesterday during a hill run and if I do say so myself, I really like the color. Might be my favorite color running shoe so far. And of course they feel like a dream on my feet!
The hill workout was difficult because I ate 2 bowls of cereal right before I ran out the door. Bad idea. It was 7 miles of stomach issues. Note to self, cereal doesn’t work as a pre-run meal for me and neither does running directly after said cereal.
I meant to do this last week, but I had a fellow awesome blogger that nominated me for The Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award. It made me feel all warm and fuzzy so it’s time to answer the fun questions and pass it along to a few blogs i love to read. Thanks again Emmeline!
1. What is your favorite color? Wine. Can that be a color? i’m sure it’s called burgundy, but wine sounds delicious. If i had to choose based on wardrobe, it would be any and every shade on the gray scale. Note the pic below, grey and black tank w/wine pants.
2. Favorite animal? Dogs, specifically terriers. I had a Westie once, he was the coolest dog ever. And bunnies. I love me some bunnies.
3. Favorite non-alcoholic drink? COFFEE
4. Facebook or Twitter. Facebook, but i’m slowly relying on the blog and Instagram for my social media fix.
5. Favorite pattern? stripes, haven’t you noticed?
6. What is your passion? I love helping people become a better version of themselves. It makes me feel like I have a purpose being a personal trainer and it’s so incredible for clients and friends to envision what they think they can do and then exceed it. I also like to think I have a passion for life. I love to try new things, listen to new music, visit new places, eat new foods, meet new people. Maybe it’s just ADD maybe it’s passion!
Now I get to nominate a few people to do the same and pass along the Sisterhood Award!
1. Post the logo on your blog.
2. Thank the person who nominated you.
3. Answer the questions.
4. Choose other ladies who blog as your nominees
5. Post the links to the nominees’ blogs and notify them on their blog.
I’m choosing a few i’ve probably mentioned before but I can’t help what I like!
1) Megan @ The Lyons Share – She brings a really great balance of nutritional health and mental well being into the running blogosphere.
2) Sarah @ Once Upon A Lime – She’s hilarious, works with Oiselle and is working through a hamstring tendonitis injury.
3) Kristina @ Blog About Running – This chick started running and just took off.. She has major running goals, and is running her first marathon in Portland.
4) Lily @ Lily Runs the World – Lily’s training for her first marathon and she and her boy just quit their jobs to tour around Europe, can’t wait to hear about this journey!
I’m heading to the gym for 5 easy treadmill miles. What’s your workout today?
02/05/2014 at 12:36 PM
Thank you Cori, how exciting!!! ps those striped pants in the first picture… amazing. Where are they from?
02/05/2014 at 8:51 PM
They are Nike ProCombat. Warmest tights I own, the design is from about 2 years ago though. They always have some fun designs on their tights 🙂
02/05/2014 at 10:14 PM
Speaking of the striped pants … is that a Tigger mat/rug? 😉
02/06/2014 at 9:57 AM
YES!!! I was hoping someone would notice. It’s classic pooh and it’s under my piano. It used to be my sister’s and I snagged it when it was going to be donated. love it!
02/05/2014 at 1:13 PM
More great fun pics! Funny looking at you much younger – same smile, instantly recognizable. Love the terriers – we have Norfolks (I think I’ve mentioned that a few hundred times on my blog 🙂 )
02/06/2014 at 10:01 AM
hehehe, i love that people have their breed of dogs they love. it’s always interesting to me. And yeah i saw that picture it’s from when i lived in NC and it’s definitely 8th grade.. can’t believe i haven’t changed that much.!
02/05/2014 at 1:24 PM
Those shoes are super cute – and the tights love them. I have the pure grit 2 and a couple pairs of the pure cadence 2. Great shoes.
02/06/2014 at 10:00 AM
oooh I love the pure cadence. I’ve always like their colors better than the rest too
02/05/2014 at 1:38 PM
I’m in love with the striped pants! Also I had 2 bunnies growing up so your answer to that one was totally on point 😉 and I’m sitting here wearing grey sweatshirt and grey pants so I feel you on the monotone wardrobe…
02/05/2014 at 3:10 PM
Thank you for picking me 🙂 I bet you are the best personal trainer ever! My boyfriend wants us to enter a power lifting competition this summer… I need you to come here and help me. I’ve been slacking on lifting for too long ;(
02/06/2014 at 9:58 AM
that sounds so fun! I’m trying to get form down with olympic lifts, it’s tougher than it looks!
02/06/2014 at 1:48 PM
I love those shoes! I like any kind of shade of red so I can relate!
02/09/2014 at 10:28 AM
Thank you for the nomination and sorry I’m reading a few days late. I have been nominated a few times and now I sweeeear I’m going to do it! But this upcoming week I’m going out of town so I already have my posts scheduled. Maybe Monday 2/17? I have done the cereal-before-running thing and … yikes. Does not feel good. But cereal is so delicious!