I took an entire day off work last Monday and i’m just now feeling back to normal. So hopefully my running and blogging life can get back on track. I’m trying to hit the ground running with …well running & strength training. Enjoy the fluff as I get back into a normal routine!
You Know You’re a Runner When
1) You have food in your mouth and hand, and are still looking in the fridge for what’s next.
2) You have to restart the treadmill after an hour, get mad, but secretly feel like a badass.
3) When someone grabs your Ipod you quickly say, “don’t judge me I’m not sure what’s on there!” But you know…you..know.
4) Blogs are your news.
5) You talk about food in a carb to protein ratio. And you don’t call it food… it’s fuel, we’re running machines dammit.
6) Jars of PB start turning up all over the place.
7) Your Garmin watch is your actual watch.
8) Ladies- you don’t understand how girls can wear high heels since they shorten your calf muscles and can cause injury while running–so you only wear them on important days, weddings, funerals, maaaybe work.
9) Gentlemen- your running shoes are your wedding shoes, funeral shoes and work shoes.
10) You do whatever it takes to make your run end on a perfect tenth of a mile…
11) You know this feeling to the T.
12) You don’t have to be drunk to pee in public… in broad daylight…
13) You understand that if a person runs in Nike Shox, they aren’t a serious runner.
14) You understand carbs come in the form of pasta, pizza, beer and sour patch kids…
15) And finally, you know you’re a runner when you ugly cry at the finish of your first major marathon.
Workouts from Jan 12-18th
Tuesday: 20min running drills, 5m speedwork 12 x 200s, 10 min core
Wednesday: 40min shoulders, 3m easy 9:15/pace (did 1 mile in zero drop shoes), 1500m row
Thursday: 6m speedwork 6 x 800s (2 @ 6:39, 2 @ 6:27, 2 @6:15)
Saturday: 15 shoulders/biceps, 9m stationery bike easy pace, 1.5m walk
Total Miles: 11
Workouts from Jan 19-25th
Monday: Rest (sick day)
Tuesday: 5m easy 10:00/pace, lots of walking
Wednesday: 4m easy 7:55/pace, 20 min core, 3 Rounds- 5 pullups, 10 pushups, 15 butterfly situps
Thursday: 2m easy 8:30/pace, 5 Rounds- 500m row, 20 wall ball squat/throws, 20 alt lunges w/ball twist, 20 situps
Friday: 6m (2 x 2m tempo, both tempos at 7:13/pace, warm up/recovery & cooldown @ 9:00/pace)
Sunday: 2.5m hilly hike + 9.5m easy 8:08/pace
Total Miles: 26.5
Finish this sentence: you know you’re a runner when…