Monday: 20 min Stairmill (1 min lateral, 1 min forward alternating)
Tuesday: 15 hips, 10 core
Wednesday: 2.5m RUN!!! 10:00/pace (4 min running, 1 min walking), 50 pushups, 75 hanging leg raises, 100 single leg balance lunges (50 each leg)
Happy National Running Day! This might be the first time I’ve actually blogged & ran on N’tl R-Day! No IT pain might I add 🙂 And in lieu of this spectacular holiday i’ll be having fun with this post, borrowing a few running questions from Lisa @ Running out of Wine in her style.. with a wine glass in hand!
Here are Lisa’s NRD prompts and my answers..if you want to answer one or all in the comments below, feel free! Share your Run Love 🙂
- Right now, I run because… I’m testing my IT band out, so I can get back to a training schedule!
- I started running because… I wanted to lose weight. 9 years ago I used to weight over 160 lbs and wasn’t active. Running was a simple and interesting new way to get in shape.
- When I don’t run… I cross-train. When i run...I cross train. Only running does not work for my body, plus I like the way muscles look…Right now I’m digging Kettlebells, Rowing, Crossfit Endurance and bodyweight workouts with tons of burpees, pushups & pullups. Anything that’s a challenge!
- One thing that running has taught me is… It brings out the amazing in people. If you ever question humanity go watch a marathon. If you ever want to see how strong you are, go run a marathon. If you ever want to see selfless people, volunteer for a marathon. If you ever want to see people realizing their potential, stand at the finish line of a marathon. No, running isn’t everything, and running a marathon isn’t the only way to see these things, but from what I’ve experienced, it brings out really good qualities in people–> and not just the runners, i’m talking about the family & friends & spouses who support a lifetime sport and the volunteers & race directors for allowing the races to happen.
- My favorite kind of run is… A race. Nothing beats the day your hard work is put to the test. Plus running a race is basically a tempo run, which are my favorite kind of runs 🙂
- Right now my biggest running-related goal is… A sub 1:30 half. This is something that might take another year or two. But I won’t rest until I get it.
Have a great rest of the day guys! Even if you don’t run–> be active today!