Well hey there again! It’s time for another 5 things Friday. These are things I’m digging right now that shouldn’t be kept secret!
- Altra Escalantes. I’ve been racing in the Saucony Kinvaras for years now, but the last two versions (7 & 8s) have been tighter than usual. Even after sizing up, the toebox is still snug, giving blisters and making my pinkie toes go numb. A few weeks ago I found The Shoe. FINALLY. The Altra Escalantes are super lightweight (just under 6 ounces) and cushioned just right! The knitted upper moves well with my feet and most importantly during downhill running, my toes do not crowd or move to the front of the shoe. I highly recommend these – they even have a special Boston edition of the shoe I plan on purchasing when I rack up miles on these bad boys.
2. Compete Every Day. By far my favorite motivational clothing brand. I feel like a badass in their gear and they have such positive messages about life and training. I’m a big fan of the brand and am on their team as an Affiliate Coach. So get used to seeing me repping their brand hard. (a few pics of CED tanks below)
3. Rocket Pure Friction Therapy Anti Chafe Balm IT WORKS. I’ve been chafe free for months now. Even though it’s winter, I’ve survived sweaty humid gyms and outdoor humid New Orleans runs with this miracle cream. You can get it on Amazon.
4. Ali on the Run Podcast. I stumbled on this and I wish i knew about it earlier! Ali is a great interviewer (I started from the beginning) and has kept me company during the bit of marathon training this year.
5. These songs I added to my “BOSTON” playlist. They all make my heart very happy. If you need some good running music, go Youtube them, you won’t regret it.
What tunes should I add to my playlist?
Who’s coming to Boston?!!