Monday: 7.5m interval (2m warm up, 4 mile repeats each @ 6:40/pace, cool down)
Tuesday: 3m easy 9:30/pace, 25min TRX legs, 3 x 6 toes to bar
Wednesday: 5m hill sprints (30 sec sprints x 6.5% 6:35/pace + 1 minute walking recoveries)
I need a day where I share some things I’ve been into. Friday might just be the normal day. It’s either a “Flex Friday” a “Phone Dump Friday” so I think a “Friday Favorites” might find it’s way into the rounds here on The Distance.
- This article Carrots n’ Cake posted to her Facebook. It’s worth the short read and something i stress to my clients, especially the newbies. Take note, focus on getting stronger or faster, not the number on the scale! (click the picture for the article!)
- The People Vs. OJ Simpson – I got hooked on all this true story crime entertainment after binging Making a Murderer. Now I’m hooked on Serial. The People Vs. OJ is INCREDIBLE. I was on the edge of my seat 5 minutes in and I cannot wait until next week’s episode.
- Kodiak Cakes Instant Pancake on the Go. I bought these for mornings i don’t have time for my usual eggs & veggies and I love this stuff. It’s seriously a protein packed, ready in 1-minute, delicious way to start the morning. –It is a little pricey though, $1.99 each. I save them for my super early mornings which happen about once a week, so they’re worth it to have on hand.
- Afternoon cuddles with LE. I joked on Instagram that we were having our afternoon couch cuddles & peanut butter, but honestly we do that almost everyday. Apples & PB and cuddles as I’m resting before heading back into work.
- Zooma Run Love Challenge Swag– Specifically the Feetures! running socks. I’ve seen these socks in stores before and laughed at $15 socks. I would NEVER pay that much. Well put a sock in it, cause I will now. These are the first socks i’ve ever worn that did not make my feet sweat or cause blisters on long runs. I will be purchasing more as soon! Also- i included a picture of the awesome sweatshirt Zooma sent. It will be a weekend staple, it’s so cute & cozy.
Are you watching The People Vs. OJ?
Best running swag?
02/12/2016 at 8:27 AM
Best running swag are SPIbelts 🙂 I have a few other favorites though! Your puppy is adorable!! And awesome runs this week– keep it up girl! Have a happy Friday!
02/12/2016 at 8:28 AM
wow! spibelt would be fantastic swag!
02/12/2016 at 10:26 AM
Feetures are my favorite socks! I’m also an ambassador for them for the second year in a row so I get some freebies 🙂 I need those Kodiak instant cups. WIth 8 AM classes breakfast is always on the go and taking a bowl of oatmeal in the car can get messy (yes I do it)
02/12/2016 at 3:19 PM
awesome! I need to apply next year to be an ambassador, i’ll be talking these babies from here on out! and yes, the kodiak cakes are worth it!
02/12/2016 at 12:08 PM
First off – always love the ‘snuggles with LE’ pics of you and Cameron! Lisa was sitting on the floor this morning trying to put on her sneakers to work out (she is smart and stays indoors on the elliptical!) and our older dog just climbed onto her lap to snuggle … there is nothing like it (well, not since we had babies anyway)
I think I saw enough ‘real life’ OJ Simpson stuff 20+ years ago that I am not so into watching it now … but we caught a show last weekend that was a bunch of people sitting on couches watching shows like OJ and some reality shows (Vanderpump Rules comes to mind). It was bizarre, funny and insanely meta.
Super cool running swag … even with the ‘put a sock in it’ pun 😀 That sweatshirt is perfect – it is roomy and cozy without being massively over-sized. That is actually a problem I have .. so many of my ‘fat clothes’ are just so massive on me that I have had to get rid of them because they aren’t even ‘cozy wear’ anymore. Boo!
02/12/2016 at 3:21 PM
aww i love puppy snuggles! I hardly remember the OJ stuff because –if i recall i was in 2nd or 3rd grade, so i know the gist, but not the entire story. My clients get to the point with their clothes where they go from cozy to sloppy when losing weight, so i totally get where you’re coming from.
02/12/2016 at 7:41 PM
I love the zooma run love swag too! I wish my sweatshirt was a size up though, but the one I have will work. And I love features! I asked for a pair for Christmas, and realized how great they were. I was so excited that we got a pair with the zooma swag!
02/12/2016 at 7:46 PM
Seriously this is the best swag from a virtual or actual race!
02/14/2016 at 11:42 AM
I’ve been hearing a lot about the OJ Simpson show and it sounds pretty crazy. I might have to check it out!