Monday: 20 min Stairmill (1 min lateral, 1 min forward alternating)
Tuesday: 15 hips, 10 core
Wednesday: 2.5m RUN!!! 10:00/pace (4 min running, 1 min walking), 50 pushups, 75 hanging leg raises, 100 single leg balance lunges (50 each leg)
Happy National Running Day! This might be the first time I’ve actually blogged & ran on N’tl R-Day! No IT pain might I add 🙂 And in lieu of this spectacular holiday i’ll be having fun with this post, borrowing a few running questions from Lisa @ Running out of Wine in her style.. with a wine glass in hand!
Here are Lisa’s NRD prompts and my answers..if you want to answer one or all in the comments below, feel free! Share your Run Love 🙂
- Right now, I run because… I’m testing my IT band out, so I can get back to a training schedule!
- I started running because… I wanted to lose weight. 9 years ago I used to weight over 160 lbs and wasn’t active. Running was a simple and interesting new way to get in shape.
- When I don’t run… I cross-train. When i run...I cross train. Only running does not work for my body, plus I like the way muscles look…Right now I’m digging Kettlebells, Rowing, Crossfit Endurance and bodyweight workouts with tons of burpees, pushups & pullups. Anything that’s a challenge!
- One thing that running has taught me is… It brings out the amazing in people. If you ever question humanity go watch a marathon. If you ever want to see how strong you are, go run a marathon. If you ever want to see selfless people, volunteer for a marathon. If you ever want to see people realizing their potential, stand at the finish line of a marathon. No, running isn’t everything, and running a marathon isn’t the only way to see these things, but from what I’ve experienced, it brings out really good qualities in people–> and not just the runners, i’m talking about the family & friends & spouses who support a lifetime sport and the volunteers & race directors for allowing the races to happen.
- My favorite kind of run is… A race. Nothing beats the day your hard work is put to the test. Plus running a race is basically a tempo run, which are my favorite kind of runs 🙂
- Right now my biggest running-related goal is… A sub 1:30 half. This is something that might take another year or two. But I won’t rest until I get it.
Have a great rest of the day guys! Even if you don’t run–> be active today!
06/03/2015 at 2:49 PM
Love your post and it’s so true… the running community is unlike any other! Very special thing to be a part of. I hope to experience more of it by volunteering for a marathon. I think it would be really great way to give back to something that has given me so much! Hope you have an awesome Wednesday!!
06/04/2015 at 2:02 PM
I volunteered for a half a few years ago, and it was a lot more fun that i expected 🙂 I need to do it again soon too!
06/03/2015 at 4:05 PM
OK, the title alone had me cracking up 🙂
But with all of the great stuff in the post – and awesome pics – the thing that really got me was the *no IT band pain*! Yay!
It is funny, but one thing that I found with running blogs from the start that remains is true is that we all seem to become friends, and I love that even though I am not blogging now, I am still connected, that people care about each other in a real way, we celebrate each other’s triumphs and agonize over the difficult times … and of course, say ‘awww’ for cute puppy pics! 🙂
Happy Running Day! And enjoy that wine 🙂
06/04/2015 at 2:03 PM
And today, my body (knee/hip) still feels good! I completely agree, even though I haven’t met you or other bloggers, i feel a closeness that’s kind of indescribable. 🙂
06/03/2015 at 6:11 PM
Yay for running and wine and blogging today!! Some of my favor things for sure:) And even better that you got in a pain-free run! Running really does bring out the best in people…even when I meet people in real life and find out they run I automatically feel like we have a connection. And watching runners at races is just amazing!
06/04/2015 at 2:03 PM
I agree, if a person runs, my heart grows a little !
06/03/2015 at 10:06 PM
Love your title of your post…and the wine glass, HA! Glad your IT band is hanging in there and cooperating. You are on the mend!
06/04/2015 at 2:04 PM
keep your fingers crossed! Can’t wait to try running again over the weekend
06/05/2015 at 7:47 AM