Monday: 15 min abs
I forgot to mention the best part of last weekend.. I found a new cupcake place 🙂 DC has some pretty excellent cupcakeries such as Georgetown Cupcakes (as seen on tv!), Sprinkles, and Baked & Wired. All of which have unique qualities that make them extra tasty. I would know, I had had a taste off when I first moved here. All were amazing and all left me with with a happy tummy ache.
Over the weekend we stumbled upon a new place called Fraiche Cupcakery.
I got the fluffer nutter and got chocolate banana. Both were excellent! They had the normal flavors, Red Velvet, Vanilla, Cinnamon (i almost got this one), but they also had “savory cupcakes” that were like broccoli cheddar, beet & goat cheese, cupcakes that seem more like an appetizer. I wasn’t brave (or hungry) enough to try those out, but they looked good!
The shop it self was clean and cute, decorated in that famous Tiffany’s blue/teal. If we’re in the area i’m sure we will stop back in for a sweet treat.
Since its 13 degrees out today I’m heading back to the dread kill <–my auto correct did this, and i’m not sorry, for once I think it’s right– for Tuesday’s track workout. Can I tell u how tired I am of the treadmill, but how I think it might help make me a better runner?
1) My mental game is getting tougher.
2) I tend to run slower on treadmills than outdoors so I’ve been really good about keeping my speed up. I’m hoping it translates to faster times outdoors.
3) I can spot check my form in the mirrors and so far I’ve been happy with how my form has come together over the last few years.
4) I’ve been able to test different fueling methods since there’s a bathroom nearby.
5) It feels good to wear shorts. Not that this helps my running but it helps me go a few extra days without doing laundry haha.
Okay one more thing that’s totally random. My sister sent me this shirt with the sweetest note. Basically the year we were supposed to be Kimberly the pink ranger from Power Rangers for Halloween I got chicken pox. She got to wear the costume and I got to lay in front of Grandma’s tv and miss trick or treating.
It makes me happy.
Cupcakes? Love ’em or leave ’em?