Tuesday: 15 min Chest/Shoulders Crossfit workout
Wednesday: 30 min quad/hamstrings, 10 min summit trainer (cardio machine that’s a mix of elliptical and stair step)
My friend Kristina at a Blog About Running tagged me in a fun survey, so i thought i’d answer as honestly as possible so you guys can get to know me better!
1. How did you come up with the name for your blog?
This was crazy, it took weeks, maybe even a month for me to come up with the perfect name. One day I woke up with the song “The Distance” by Cake in my head and the light bulb went off, I jumped out of bed to the computer and boom, my blog name! I changed the “he” to a “she” and bought the domain that week. It means a lot to me since I love music. Especially good, fun, music.
2. What would your memoir be called? Runner, Lover, Painter Girl.
3. What is your “day job?” I’m a Personal Trainer @ Gold’s Gym.
4. What are 3 of your proudest fitness accomplishments?
Finishing my 1st 1/2. There was not one single person waiting for me at the finish line, but i did it, drove myself home & was completely satisfied I completed my first of many races to come.
Doing a pull-up. This happened last year. I was always the kid in elementary school that just hung on the bar and could never do a pull-up, now I can do a few at a time. 🙂
My mile time trial last year. 6:39 flat. It is terrifying to run 4 laps as fast as you can.
5. You HAVE to change your first name. What do you change it to? Charlie. I’ve always liked boy names for girls.
6. What is the best concert you’ve been to? I need a whole 2nd blog to talk about music! I can’t just pick one!! I saw Fiona Apple and Damien Rice opened, I about died! I’ve seen Britney Spears a few times in concert and she ALWAYS puts on a fun show. Nada Surf is incredible live. Arctic Monkeys put on a high energy show.. omg i can’t do this. I don’t have a favorite just yet. So many shows attach completely different “best concert qualities” it’s so hard to choose! Marie took me to a Blink-182 concert for my birthday a few years ago and it was amazing too..
7. Tell me some things on your bucket list. Visit Spain, Italy, UK, Bora Bora, Costa Rica, Brazil, India, Thailand & South Africa. (don’t freak out, it’s a bucket list…means i got a lifetime yo). Skydive, hang glide, run a race in all 50 states, do a beer mile, have a kid(s), live in California, visit all the NHL hockey rinks for a game, hike/visit the grand canyon… man I need to really write this list down.
8. Describe your dream house. Open, modern yet rustic, super cozy maybe a cottage feel, lots of windows and dogs and a big yard where I can have a trampoline, garden and flowers. <– If i live in my dream home I will also have the money for a dream housekeeper and gardener and dog poop cleaner upper. 😉
9. Name a celebrity you find oddly attractive (one that wouldn’t normally be on the hottest celeb list).
Taylor Hawkins. The drummer from Foo Fighters. I’ve never told anyone, but i’ve had a major boner crush on him since i was in 6th grade…
10. Tell me five of your favorite blogs. I had a hard time choosing cause I read plenty haha.
Hungry Runner Girl I know this is an uber popular blog, but there’s a reason. Janae is an open and honest and a fast, but still getting faster runner all while being a single parent.
Once Upon a Lime Sarah is a displaced Midwesterner currently in Cali trying to figure out a happy balance with running & life. And she likes craft beer. Yep. 🙂
Will Run For Boston Lauren is a speed fast runner trying to break 3:00 at Boston this April! (bonus – she has cute dogs too)
Run for the Pizza Emmeline is fast and she’s getting in shape to run a 1:30 half this year. Plus she’s an excellent picture taker. So if you don’t read her blog, at least check out the photography!
Blog About Running I went to high school with Kristina who has some incredible running goals for this year. She just completed her first 1/2 marathon in the fall and 2014 will bring a full marathon as well as a 50K.
Hope everyone is as ready for the weekend as i am!
Take one of the questions above and answer it so i can learn a little more about you!
01/09/2014 at 12:44 PM
Love surveys like this to learn more about the bloggers behind the scenes :). Thanks for sharing!
01/09/2014 at 12:49 PM
Great post – and I’ll say again that the outdoors pic of you in the snow is just THE BEST! 🙂
The day job question is easy and too fast (Statistician and measurement engineer at Corning), so let’s get to music. Music is a huge thing for me, I almost went to Berklee at prompting of music teacher … but my love and science and math came first.
Music is fundamental to how I approach life – no one had to tell me how the name of your blog happened, because instead of ‘reading’ the URL I HEAR it! That is true in so many cases, music just constantly flows through my head.
I have seen so many concerts through the years it is impossible to really pick, but here are a few … I saw The Police in ’79 (after first album and before they were huge) and two times on the Ghost in the Machine (one time with the Go Gos and the other with Oingo Boingo), and also during high school saw The Who (sadly post Keith Moon), Rush, Stevie Wonder, Jeff Beck, Fleetwood Mac (Tusk tour), Doobie Brothers, Frank Zappa, and on and on. More recently I took my kids to see Skrillex, Kid Cudi, Yelawolf and the family to see Bruno Mars.
But my love is jazz … and I have seen Miles Davis, Dizzy Gillespie, Joe Pass, Pat Metheny multiple times, Jaco Pastorius, Stanley Clarke, Mahavishnu, Chick Corea, Herbie Hancock, and many others.
My most memorable would come down to either Miles or Metheny. For Metheny it was the 2012 Orchestrion tour. Basically he has a digital guitar controlling about a hundred different instruments – watching him construct a fully orchestrated improvisation with A-B-A structure and then solo over it was stunning.
For Miles, it was really just being in the front row watching an absolute genius, even one past his pprime at that point …
01/09/2014 at 9:11 PM
I would love to see Fleetwood Mac at some point! That list of concerts is pretty incredible 🙂
Thanks for sharing more details about yourself, i love reading it!
01/09/2014 at 5:36 PM
Loved! And love your bucket list 🙂 my ideal house is best described with a picture so I’m going to answer the name change one. I’d change it to Logan or Ryan, and I too have always loved boy names for girls. My husband doesn’t so our compromise is we’ll name future girls girly names that can be abbreviated to boy ones. We’ve got Francesca as our first choice but I’ll be calling her Frankie 😉
01/09/2014 at 9:07 PM
Ah! Amazing! Logan is a great name. I think Cameron’s cool with the boyish names, cause both of our names are interchangeable so I want to pass along tradition. 🙂
01/09/2014 at 10:09 PM
You drove yourself home after your first half?! I’m so impressed. That seems like a totally awesome, independent move.
Oh yeah, I’m Cori, I’m just gonna go run my first half and then drive home and do some other things. No big deal.
01/10/2014 at 10:12 PM
oh jeez.. it was nothing like that haha!!